For the seventh year in a row, the Legislature delivered a responsible and balanced budget, several months ahead of the fiscal year deadline.
Our plan focuses on issues important to Michigan families, such as jobs, schools and public safety. Top priorities include:
- An increase in the School Aid budget by more than $415 million over last year;
- An investment of more than $12 million to hire 150 new State Police Troopers;
- Added funds for more staff and training to ensure veterans receive proper care;
- Increased support for skilled trades training to prepare workers for in-demand jobs; and
- An increase in transportation funding of more than $231 million.
The budget also strengthens the state’s finances by paying $1.3 billion toward schools’ retirement debt and adding to the state’s Rainy Day Fund.