Avoid Mistakes while Designing a Living Room
The living room is central and reflection of our personality. It is usually different from the family room but is a cozy, comfy and relaxing space for our families. However, if you have two living spaces and wish to recreate them in different categories i.e. formal and informal, there are few mistakes that you have to avoid while decorating your living room.
- Making TV a Focal Point: Homeowners often prefer keeping a TV in the living room and trust me you don’t need a television in your living space. If you still want to keep a TV make sure furniture’s doesn’t revolve around. This actually steals the relaxing space of your area.
- Shallow couches: When you want to keep it formal first thing in mind is a shallow couch which depicts a no relaxing space. This was the past trend opt for deeper and comfy couches so that you can have a coffee and a book to pamper your day.
- Furniture against Wall: Look your furniture is also touching the wall isn’t it? Keeps it floating for intimate space? Pull it away from walls and keep it in sync this will oomph your space and will maintain a healthy and hearty environment.
- Overlooking Soft Lightning: Make sure you have table lamps plugs and floor plugs, thank me later. These are worth adding and skip cables and leads that make the room look shabby. Soft lighting adds softness and elegance to the room ambiance.
- A fireplace without Need: These are excellent focal points without a doubt but don’t try to fit in where it is not needed. The natural flame is unbeatable however electric fireplaces are also decent. If you want a statement piece and amalgamation of artwork natural one is better option still new electric fireplace variants are also commendable.
- Hanging Scenery or Art too high: This is a common error that turns the mood off. Art should be positioned at eye level so that it could be noticed and explored. Test the positioning until it sits right.
- Skipping Occasional Seating’s: Poufs are affordable and stylish. As the living room in place of entertainment and talks, you should always look for comfort and intimacy.
- Wrong Rug Size: Rug is excellent in warming up the room but if it is wrongly sized it can take up the warmth too. This depends on square foot space of the room but easily you can calculate size by keeping a thumb rule in mind i.e. it should be placed at two feet of your floating couch. Always look at the living room and stuffs it should be symmetrical.
- Overloading Open Shelves: Shelves affix character to the room but overdoing anything is bad. It looks cluttered and clingy. Hence fill shelves with strategic symmetric objects that look good together. Choose favorite pieces and keep them at distance as per synchronization.
Hope you got our questions cleared. Don’t forget to tell us what your favorite was. Have a good day!