UK Electric Shower Buying Guide- 5 Things to Keep in Mind
Taking a shower during the rainy or winter season can be tricky, especially if you don’t have any reliable hot water supply. With the invention of electric showers and their growing popularity, you can now take a shower at any time without waiting for the hot water. How? An electric shower is basically a self-contained component that heats and pumps the water. All you have to do is hook it up to the water supply and it would take care of the rest. Here are five important things to keep in mind before purchasing the right electric shower:
- Water Pressure
This is the first and most important thing you should consider when buying an electric shower. This is because the electric shower is connected to the water supply. A high water pressure system means that you would get a lot of hot water. Although having a low water pressure system is also ideal for electric showers, connecting an electric shower to a high water pressure system is much easier. You should find out the level of water pressure in your home before choosing an electric shower.
The main point of getting an electric shower is to enjoy a readily supply of hot water, and so you would need to consider an electric shower that can provide water at the required temperature no matter the weather. This is a sign that the shower is efficient. You should look out for an electric shower that allows you to pick the temperature of water that you need and one that can quickly change from one temperature to another when you want it to. Make sure that the electric shower you want to purchase has this brand.
You should also check out the flow rate of the electric shower that you want to buy. A typical 12.5KW shower can supply an average of 6.0 liters ever minutes, 9.8KW would give you 4.7 liters and 7.5KW would supply 3.5 liters. You should consider how much water you use daily before purchasing an electric shower. If you have a large family, then the 12.5KW shower is advisable.
Another important part of efficiency is energy efficiency. An electric shower, from the name, makes use of electricity and so you should look out for one that saves energy.
It can be frustrating to spend money both on purchase and on the installation of the electric shower, which is why you should look out for an electric shower that is easy to install and that fit into your bathroom easily. There’s no point in purchasing an electric shower that has a very big shower head when you have a small bathroom. The shower head should provide convenience in the bathroom, allowing you to move around freely and it should be a perfect fit for your plumbing system.
You should also consider getting an electric shower that is easy to operate, especially if you have children who are old enough to use the shower without adult supervision.
A durable electric shower provides convenience and peace of mind. It is better to purchase a strong and long-lasting electric shower, instead of one that would require frequent repairs and go through a series of electrical fault. You should look out for those with positive reviews, and those with attractive warranties and guarantees by the manufacturer. If you use and maintain a durable electric shower properly, you can end up using it for about ten years without having to replace it. You should also make sure that the electric shower can withstand heat, that is, it should be made of a strong material like stainless steel. It should also be resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Brand and Price
You should consider the brand of the electric shower that you want to purchase. It is better to go with a brand that has a lot of positive reviews and provides a lot of benefits like long warrantees. Apart from the brand, you should also consider your budget, but remember that you should not sacrifice cheapness for quality. You should read this guide on choosing an electric shower for your bathroom to find out the electric showers from the best brands with affordable prices.
Why High Water Pressure isn’t always a Good Thing
While high water pressure may make your experience in the shower wonderful and interesting it can do more harm than good to your homes’ water plumbing system. High water pressure in home could also potentially damage some of your water appliances and therefore much care needs to be taken. The high water pressure coming into your house may also increase your water bill exponentially. Fortunately, there is a way that you can deal with high water pressure coming into your house by installing a pressure regulator.
How can you know that the water pressure is high?
The high water pressure coming into your house can easily be identified just be simple observation. You are likely to see the pressure of water flowing via your faucets to be extremely higher than normal. The other way that you could determine if the water pressure coming into your house is high is by using a pressure gauge. This can be connected onto the inlet pipe of your house just near where your water meter is located. Check out if the PSI of the water is beyond 80 psi on the pressure gauge and you will know for sure that the pressure is high. Because the pressure usually fluctuates at various times, it is, therefore, a good idea to take the readings at various time intervals in order to get a more accurate result.
What are the consequences of high water pressure in your home?
High water pressure usually puts much stress on the water pipes and therefore the most common effect is that it will cause leaks on the pipes. Some leaks might be tiny for you to easily notice but when they occur high above your ceiling, for instance, the damage there can be massive. When there is inconsistent water pressure, the water appliances connected on your houses’ plumbing could also be damaged. All these will only lead you to incur your precious investments in your house.
The common causes of high water pressure in certain homes
High water pressure could be because the local water supply company is keeping the pressure high in order to meet the needs of tall buildings they are supplying water to. If you live at a place that is located downhill chances will be that water will be forced by gravity and cause high pressure in your house. The cause of high water pressure could be thermal expansion at your house because the water volume usually changes due to the heating occasioned by your water heater.
What you can do to remedy the situation
If your house experiences occasional water pressure increases it may be a good idea to have a pressure regulator installed on your mains water supply. The regulator works by reducing the water pressure that comes into your house thus keeping the pressure normal. A pressure regulator will help save you the headache of having to pay higher water bills and also save your water plumbing system as well as the appliances connected to it.
Avoid Mistakes while Designing a Living Room
The living room is central and reflection of our personality. It is usually different from the family room but is a cozy, comfy and relaxing space for our families. However, if you have two living spaces and wish to recreate them in different categories i.e. formal and informal, there are few mistakes that you have to avoid while decorating your living room.
- Making TV a Focal Point: Homeowners often prefer keeping a TV in the living room and trust me you don’t need a television in your living space. If you still want to keep a TV make sure furniture’s doesn’t revolve around. This actually steals the relaxing space of your area.
- Shallow couches: When you want to keep it formal first thing in mind is a shallow couch which depicts a no relaxing space. This was the past trend opt for deeper and comfy couches so that you can have a coffee and a book to pamper your day.
- Furniture against Wall: Look your furniture is also touching the wall isn’t it? Keeps it floating for intimate space? Pull it away from walls and keep it in sync this will oomph your space and will maintain a healthy and hearty environment.
- Overlooking Soft Lightning: Make sure you have table lamps plugs and floor plugs, thank me later. These are worth adding and skip cables and leads that make the room look shabby. Soft lighting adds softness and elegance to the room ambiance.
- A fireplace without Need: These are excellent focal points without a doubt but don’t try to fit in where it is not needed. The natural flame is unbeatable however electric fireplaces are also decent. If you want a statement piece and amalgamation of artwork natural one is better option still new electric fireplace variants are also commendable.
- Hanging Scenery or Art too high: This is a common error that turns the mood off. Art should be positioned at eye level so that it could be noticed and explored. Test the positioning until it sits right.
- Skipping Occasional Seating’s: Poufs are affordable and stylish. As the living room in place of entertainment and talks, you should always look for comfort and intimacy.
- Wrong Rug Size: Rug is excellent in warming up the room but if it is wrongly sized it can take up the warmth too. This depends on square foot space of the room but easily you can calculate size by keeping a thumb rule in mind i.e. it should be placed at two feet of your floating couch. Always look at the living room and stuffs it should be symmetrical.
- Overloading Open Shelves: Shelves affix character to the room but overdoing anything is bad. It looks cluttered and clingy. Hence fill shelves with strategic symmetric objects that look good together. Choose favorite pieces and keep them at distance as per synchronization.
Hope you got our questions cleared. Don’t forget to tell us what your favorite was. Have a good day!