The plan reflects the priorities of Michigan families, including quality education for our children and public health and safety, while providing a strong foundation for economic growth. Some of the key investments include:
- Increased funding for K-12 and higher education, providing more than $14 billion for education;
- Full funding of the Healthy Kids Dental Program to include children in all 83 counties;
- Added funds to hire 65 new State Police Troopers;
- More funding to assist homeless veterans and create a Veterans Home Ombudsman; and
- Increased funding for career and technical education to train workers for high-demand jobs.
At the same time, the budget strengthens the state’s finances by paying down over $1 billion in debt and continues our commitment to fiscal responsibility by ensuring government lives within its means.